Instances -- 6/24/05
Takayuki Wakita charging; unfortunately he ate it
Date: June 24, 2005
Spot(s): Panics, Kewalos
Conditions: Patchy, inconsistent
Swell: Small SSE
Surf: 1-2+' Haw'n
Here are a few random memories from my short photo shoot.
- Bowls was a zoo. Pass.
- The scene at Panics was laid back, with regulars frequenting the park.
- Swell wasn't quite showing, but was trying with some head-highers.
- My 35 mm film was expired by four months.
- First roll of film rolled back into the canister.
- Didn't use the stairs; jumped in from the rocks just for old times sake.
- Greenish water around Kewalo Basin had that estuary-ish taste.
- Panics went to sleep.
- The swim across the basin is always a bit disconcerting.
- Kewalos was really shallow.
- Found a nice shelf to stand on and shoot on the inside rights.
- Most guys were casual surfers, but I think Joel Centeio and Kekoa Uemura came out at the end.
- There was one real "hog-cheese" guy on a fishlike animal.
- The showers at Panics are the warmest on Oahu.
- Walking back to the car, noticed that the three peaks to the west of Panics were taken, and even Flies had surfers out.
- Even swimming around in surf is pretty satisfying.
Aloha from Paradise,